Hasselback Chicken & Sweet Potato
Prep + Cook Time50 Minutes
- 4 George’s Farmers Market Applewood Marinated Chicken Breasts
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese slices
- ¼ cup sliced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon dry chipotle
- 1 teaspoon dry chives
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- Prepare the recipe by heating the oven at 375°F. Partially cook the bacon slices on a lined baking pan. Baked the sweet potatoes on a baking pan with a small amount of water, to steam, until fork tender sliced into halves.
- Preheat air-fryer at 350°F.
- When preparing the chicken breasts, place each piece on a square of parchment. Score the tops of each chicken breast by slicing partially through about 5-6 times. Cut the bacon, cheese, and jalapeños to fit the slices and stuff into the chicken. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the ingredients for the compound butter and season the potatoes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the ingredients for the pickled onions microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 2 minutes. Refrigerate until use.
- Serve the chicken atop the seasoned potatoes and finish with the pickled red onion.